Sunday, March 13, 2011

Japan

We are sad and concerned  about our friends, teachers, customers and Distributor in Japan for last week's earthquake and tsunami.
I had the opportunity to teach in Japan 2 years ago as well as being part of the jury of the "First National Metal Embossing Competition" organized by our Distributor and JMEA (Japan Metal Embossing Association) .  
 I got to know not only beautiful places, but incredible people. My mom and I were treated like royalty and they certainly made us feel at home.  I'll never forget those 12 amazing days.
I was amazed by the quality of work and dedication of my students and by their gratitude and willingness to learn all the traditional "Repujado" (Metal Embossing) techniques. 

This is just one example of the huge variety of things in which Japanese ladies use Metal Embossing (she came wearing this before taking my class!)

1 comment: